Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music: Check

Music lists are done. DONE! I sent my friend the lists, and he is putting the music (which is on his computer) in order.

We ended up making playlists:

* Appetizer/dinner background music, which contains typical background music, but also songs that we like but which aren't really dance-able (eg: Major Tom by Peter Schilling)

* Dance music. We made this list super-long, because you don't know how long the dancing will go for, you know? I labeled each song "slow" and "fast" so that I wouldn't accidentally put 20 fast songs together. Each song was analyzed for "danceability." Sounds lame, but some of my favorite songs are just difficult to get your groove on to, so we wanted to make sure we were choosing stuff people could rock out to. And yes, there are slow songs. It's about a 1:4 ratio of slow to fast.

* The special playlists. These include: Bouquet toss, garter belt toss, cake cutting, first dance, father/daughter dance, and the second line dance. Yes, we're not from New Orleans, but the second line dance with glitzified umbrellas and canes just sounded like TOO much fun. My friend from NOLA turned me on to the idea, and she's totally jazzed that we're going for it.

So yup! That's it. Fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment