Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nail polish

I've never worn nail polish.

Ok, scratch that. I've tried to wear nail polish. A couple times a year for some event or another, I'd fix my nails up. Because usually would only (at most) have clear polish on, to put color on would take a while. And then the polish would go on. Usually the polish would go on poorly. Streaky or globby or just not covering right. It'd take a while for me to finally get it right.

And then, inevitably, I'd bump a finger or two, meaning I'd have to redo those fingers. And in redoing those fingers, usually a few more fingers would get bumped.

So, when all was finally finished, it was a process that had taken a while. So, to have the polish not look great (see the streaky/globby comments, above) and to have the polish only last a day before significant chipping, you can understand why I never wear colored nail polish.

This summer, in working on the coop and in working outside, my nails got a little stained under my fingers. So, my nails always looked dirty. One of my coworkers had given me a gar of this cool light gray Avon nail polish, so I figured what the heck. And, it went on well and STAYED ON for almost a week. Mind blown.

So, I decided I had to try dark gray. I'd been really wanted to for a while. I figured I'd likely have to jump for something pricey in the OPI line. On a whim though, I grabbed a bottle of Revlon Top Speed.
Clouds part, angels sing. Not only does it cover extremely well in one coat, it dries in 60 seconds. That means, in less than 10 minutes, I can put two coats of gray and one coat of clear on all my nails AND have them dry. I usually wait about five minutes before doing something so if I wack my nails it will be dry enough to not dent the polish.

The best part is: If it does eventually chip (usually a tiny one on day 2-3), it is so quickly fixable that I don't care.

I'm guessing by the length of this post you can see how excited I am. And at $4.50 a bottle, I have a right to be! I've gotten a lot of compliments.

I never thought I'd be the girl who is excited to try out new colors on her nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment