Yes, the deck is coming along. Keep in mind this is 1/6 of the final deck! But, I'll argue that it is the most complicated portion, since I have to take into account a) Leveling, b) two lilac trees, and c) STAIRS. Plus, it's always the most difficult starting out and hitting a groove. I think I'm beginning to hit it and have fun with this phase of building. In the beginning, all I wanted to do was screw on the pretty deck boards... But now, yes.
Quite honestly, the main things pushing me on right now are:
- the weather. It's FABULOUS
- our canopy arrives TOMORROW. It won't get installed tomorrow, but at least I have that as motivation to finish!
- lilac blooms. They're barely budding now! I either finish the deck with time to spare so stain/gloss sets before the blossoms fall, or I wait until after they're gone. I also would LOVE to sit on our finished deck and admire the blossoms, so there's additional motivation.
- a screwdriver. I'll leave it to you whether I mean the tool, the drink or both. (hit: definitely the latter).
- The thought of sitting out here and enjoying ourselves.
Also: Thank goodness for portable radios. And kind neighbors (the two next door neighbors love us and are fine with the construction noise, and the neighbor across the street lent me his ratchet when I, for the LIFE of me, could not find ours).
This project will end fabulously. I KNOW IT.