Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Paint Progress....

The painting is going well. I'm almost done with the front side by the dining room and living room windows, and the stairwell has coat 1 on as well. I'm going to go over everything again with a roller, but probably once the whole project has coat 1 on it. 
\

This photo gives you a pretty good idea of the before and after. The yellow paint was done poorly. I think only one coat (or, at least it has worn like it was only one coat). The siding is cracked (which happens with cedar siding, but you have to fix it). The shutter is still on and is white. 

Compare that to the other side, which has been caulked, fixed, and painted. The shutter will be black. 

Oh, and imagine the house with these new lamps:

I reallllly want to buy them. They're not cheap (though they're still reasonably-priced). I might do it as a "hooray the house is done!" present. Much better than our current cheapo lamps, and much bigger!

Here's the street view of the front so far:

Yes, one of the windows in one of the dormers is out. That's a story for another post.

And so, here's what's left to do:
The good news is that we're halfway done. The bad news is that this side has a LOT of wear on it. Luckily, I have six tubes of caulk with my name on them. 

And, funny thing: When I was taking this photo this morning, I didn't realize something-- FRANKIE IS ON THE ROOF! I'll have to go home and make sure he was able to get back inside and isn't stuck on the roof roasting.



No comments:

Post a Comment