Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Goals and changes.

Does anyone ever feel like life is a series of leaps from one quest to the next? Once you meet one goal, another one pops up?
*
I suppose that's a good thing. It means you're constantly challenging yourself, setting new goals, and striving to achieve what you want.
*
But it's exhausting.
*
This past weekend, when I was sitting out in the countryside with B and Maddie, I thought:
*
"This is life. Life is good."
*
I've been thinking about that. Life IS good right now. But there are things we want to get to that will still involve change. At some point, we will move. We will buy a house. We will change professionally, and because of that, our jobs may change. We will have children.
*
Part of me wishes I was better able to predict at this point when those changes will occur. When will we buy a house? Well, that depends upon when we're both in the same approximate geographic place job-wise to be able to buy a house. When will we have kids? That depends upon when we are in the same geographic area job-wise (and hopefully house too). But, right now, those are unknown. We both like our jobs and we don't want to change. And right now, we work 55 miles (in opposite directions) from home.
*
I'm glad I have B. He and I are constants for each other. No matter what happens in changes to come, we will have each other's support.
*
But... sometimes I wish I was better able to at least outline a 5ish year plan. But right now, we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment