It was built in 1948, has coved ceilings, gorgeous trimwork and lovely floors. Though it's over the 60-year mark in age, it's all ok: It's been completely redone and all energy-efficient upgrades.
- 1.5 miles to both of our works.
- 0.3 miles to the nearest grocery store (thanks to hidden stairs up the hill behind the store, by car it's more like 1 mile).
- Fully fenced, large backyard.
- Terraced front yard with a lot of space but also puts the house NOT smack dab on the street; passers-by cannot see into the house.
- Fabulous schools (not that we have kidlets, but someday...)
- On a hill, with a view, but not too much of a hill that we'll want to die when we come home from work and are biking/walking.
- Chef's kitchen.
- Fully redone bath with door that opens outward (genius. Please tell this idea to our landlords)
- Back alley access, not used much, but makes it nice to get things into the far back yard.
There also is future potential someday. The house is in a great place on the lot for a possible future master bath/walk-in closet. There's also a full bonus room upstairs that has a lot of potential, and rather high-ceiling crawlspace over the kitchen.
And don't even get me started on the windows. Oh, the light!
So now, we're knee-deep in moving mode, just waiting for the moment to start unloading things from the old digs to the new. The critters are confused, but it will all be ok.