Thursday, June 23, 2011

How's that scrapbook coming along?

Um, remember my goal to have my scrapbook 100% caught up on by July?

Yea.... that isn't going to happen.

There are a multitude of excuses, though, in the end, it's my own darn fault.

1) the goal was to have it updated by the time my mother-in-law came to town. But, she came to town early, in May, and not in the planned-for July. Hm. Excuse 1.

2) We bought a house. And moved. TIME SUCK.

3) That new house has projects. Further time suck.

4) It's summer, and while I'm indoors working on projects, I'm not indoors scrapbooking. Excuse 4.

5) The area I plan to sometimes use for crafting is currently under renovation.

6) Finally, there's the excuse of the actual scrapbook itself. I'm trying to cut down on what I scrapbook. Yes, GASP! I realized that it's JUST TOO MUCH to have so many pages and photos per month. So, I'm thinking of trying to get each month down to 4 pages (so two scrapbook pages, front and back). Not only will this making keeping up with scrapbooking easier, but it will also mean an easier to flip through album.

For the things that are obviously photo hogs, like vacations and fun multi-day events, I'm thinking of maybe starting to have hardbound little booklets made. There are a lot of sites that do this now, and honestly, it's not that expensive. And, it could even span a summer's worth of activities, like "Camping, 2011." Something to ponder over, at least.

So before the self-imposed deadline flies by and I'm laughed at, I figured I'd get the excuses formally written. Life intervened. Goal missed... but at least all the intervening things were good things.

1 comment:

  1. Like you said at least they were good intervening things, life works like that sometimes, You will get it done, eventually!!

    ReplyDelete