Monday, July 25, 2011

Upstairs Update!

We've continued to plug away at our upstairs project. It's going pretty well.

Since we're now working on the second half of the room, everything needed to be moved. So, while the floors and ceilings are pretty much finished here, you can't see them as much anymore since everything is up here.

Yesterday, I removed the subfloor particle board and carpeting from this side of the stairwell. Yes, that is as fun as it sounds.

The only area remaining for the flooring to be removed is under the washer/dryer. It's more challenging than it sounds, since we need to rebuild the subwall around the stairwell. I'd like to only move the machines once, when we put in the new flooring. So, that means I need to somehow remove at least 8" of the subfloor by the subwall, that way I can build up the new wall and then only move the washer/dryer when we remove the old flooring and put in the new. SIGH. It's a challenge. Everything is a challenge.

I also want to take those machines and turn them 90 degrees, so they are both under the window. That would make it SO much easier to load/unload/organize laundry. We'll see what happens.

So, that's our update. A lot of work done, but a lot of work to go.

1 comment:

  1. yes, yes, putting them under the window might work better...

    keep it up! you'll be sooo happy when it's finished.