Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fast trip down south.

Spur of the moment yesterday afternoon I decided to drive the (about) 2 hours south and see B. I thought and thought about the decision, and I think it ended up being for the best.

I got a decent inventory of what B has at his place, and so now I know what to be on the lookout for up here when I'm cleaning/packing tonight and tomorrow.

I sort of overviewed B's current projects to see how much he'll likely complete by this evening. He leaves Thursday for a conference that will go through Saturday late or Sunday early, so what he has done by tonight is pretty much it.

I finished the noodles. I may make one more batch, but I made 3 or 4 HUGE batches last night (used 6 dozen eggs). It really made a dent in the things to get done on Saturday. Now I"m breathing a bit easier.

I brought up a frozen pack of rouladin and a frozen pack of spatzle for the purpose of using my coworkers as guinea pigs. Yes, I'm shameless. But we do need to double/triple check that they handle freezing/thawing well, even though I've frozen and thawed them for years. Just need to make sure there aren't any food surprises on the 27th. At this point we can come up with a contingency plan, whereas if somethign goes bad on the 27th we'll be relegated to ordering pizza or McDonalds or chinese food (which wouldn't be bad, but if stress can be avoided...).

I met with our ex-groomsman and smoothed things over, which made me feel better. Yea, he's the one who screwed up, but I didn't want to harbor resentment and ill-will over it. He's still not going to be in the wedding party, but he'll come to the wedding.

Tonight: finish Tiana's dress (I'm putting in a corset). CLEAN apartment. Work on church decorations. Order photos.

Tomorrow: Finish cleaning apartment, work on church balls, figure out garter belt and ring bearer pillow. Seating chart.

Friday: Print seating chart, print name cards. Print menu cards. Print gift bag cards. Print gift bag outside cards. Determine church programs, print church programs. Spend evening putting them together.

Saturday: Order food from various places down south. Make gravy. Give dress to Tiana. But rocks for tables. ORGANIZE EVERYTHING INTO LABELED BOXES!! Go get food that is not perishable so all in order. Make sure have all the floral supplies. Buy B & my 2 champagne glasses.

I think it will all be in order by Sunday's end. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment