Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Inhale, exhale. Breathing? Check. Ok. Repeat.

So, I've decided the best approach to this wedding is to just not get stressed out over things. Granted, they may be things I'm justified in being angry, upset, stressed, grumpy, etc over, but sometimes you're just best to be a duck and let water run over your back.

Life's a give and take, you know? One person has stepped up, while another one really disappointed me. Breathe in, out, moving on.

I think the best you can do is just make sure you try not to set yourself up for these disappointments. Well, at least for this wedding event. If someone burns a bridge, rebuilding will begin post-wedding; until then I'm moving on to someone else more dependable. I guess it's my way of trying to give this thing the best shot at being a successful, non stressful event. And seriously, someone who is flaking out will likely continue to flake out. If they want to try to fix that impression, wonderful, but I'm not goign out of my way to lead the fixing right now!

Anyway.

Still too much to do, coupled with work being chaotic and me having to chalk up a billion hours between now and the wedding. Oy. And the projects... they still exist! But they're getting fewer and less numerous.

Tonight's goal: FINISH the cake flowers. Go to Ikea and get stuff from there that we need. If I get more accomplished, great. If not, well, that's still a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment