Monday, December 7, 2009

Garlic!

We unload and move into our new home TODAY, but that didn't stop me from ordering my first garden supplies: GARLIC!

They need to be planted ASAP. The ground doesn't REALLY freeze here (doesn't stay super cold for super long), but they need to get planted before it stays cold for really long. If all works out, I'll have Red German Garlic around next September! If not, then, well, shoulda planted a few weeks earlier.

I think I'm going to put the batch in a bed near the deck. Luckily, I had a bag of organic mulch, and we actually moved with it, so I'm quasi-set. I will need to get some more mulch though, to protect my little "clovelings" from the cold. Nine months! Long time to grow. But at least they don't require much work other than planting, protecting, and then wedding in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment