Friday, January 21, 2011

Waiting for Dad to come home

This is how boring I am.

Starting about 30 minutes before B comes home, Maddie starts being dramatic. Granted, I was busy doing work, but me doing work means I'm not playing with her.

We start with dramatically plopping on the floor, of course near the front door, since that is where the new possible playmate, B, will enter.

Better aligning oneself with the door.

Waiting for Dad to come home...


Repeat: do you realize, mom, how bored the doggie is when you are working?

Finally settling herself RIGHT NEXT TO THE FRONT DOOR. Look at that look of exasperation. Mom, you're SO boring.

Putting her head down, she is soooo bored.

But then: DAD!! Dad's home!!!

Blur of a dog butt in the right-hand side of the frame as she runs to get a toy.


Blur to the left-side of the frame as she runs by.

Happy dog, playing.

Blur corgi... play play play!

Play play play.

Oh Dad, I'm so glad you're home because Mom is SOOO boring!

PLAY! Dad's home!

Pulling on the rope toy and twirling!

Oh SO happy.

Yes. I'm boring. CLEARLY. Maybe I should start coming home AFTER B, that way the dog will do her happy tap dance and play for me.... hmmm.... Nah. After a hard day's work, I know how much B loves that happy doggie.

1 comment:

  1. So cute. My dad's dog does the same thing, he always jokes and says he wishes we were that happy he was home, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete