We had a holiday party. Of course, I didn't take too many photos. Too busy seeing all the wonderful people (35+) who came! I didn't count the guests, but we did use up all the 45 glass goblets we had, plus several additional cups.
And, here's the spread!There were:
- Prosciutto-wrapped dates that were stuffed with chevre and a small piece of gorgonzola.
- Bacon-wrapped sausages
- Caprese bites--- toothpicks of tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella, drizzled in olive oil and basalmic vinegar, and sprinkled in salt and pepper
- Two chevre logs, one surrounded by raspberries, one surrounded by blackberries, each with sunflower seeds on top and drizzled in honey
- A veggie tray, but in tree form (see photos below) with dip
- Tomatoes with dip
- Croquembusch- but I didn't get the chance to make the carmel (and our propane tank ran out for the stovetop), so we didn't stack them. Instead, we just dipped them a little bit in honey. But, the puffs and interior custard totally turned out, so there's no reason why we couldn't have stacked it!
- Pfeffernnusse cookies
- Chocolate bonbon pops
- Two chocolate tree cakes (I made them with tree molds I had)
- Chocolate-dipped marshmallows with sprinkles on straws (for stirring into hot drink or for kids to just eat!)
And for the drinks:
- Hot chocolate
- Hot cider
- Sparking cider
- A champagne/cherry/delicious cocktail (called a "Poinsettia Mimosa")
- Another cocktail that tasted like chocolate covered cherries (called a "Cuppa Good Cheer")
And here's that veggie tray tree I mentioned!
So, that was our party. Needless to say, we did NOTHING on Sunday! Tired!