Friday, May 22, 2009

Big day. Swearing Time.

I usually keep job stuff off this site, but on a day like today, I'll make an exception.

Today I become an attorney. Holy crud.

I passed the bar exam a few weeks ago. I took it in late February, found out the results mid-April. I couldn't get sworn in until AFTER the official ceremony, which I didn't go to for various reasons. So today is the day. Private quick ceremony with parents and B and a judge. Raise right hand, etc etc. Swear. And then basically become liable for any and all actions I do.

I'd kind of been playing this down. For me, passing the bar was the HUGE, massively huge, deal. The swearing just seemed like a formality.

But as today faces me, I realize that today is a culmination of sorts. I look back over all the challenges, all the education, all the trials (no pun intended) and tribulations. In a sense, all has been working for this. Today a small part ends and another begins. One could argue the new part began on May 1 when I officially switched job titles to attorney, but I was still limited in what I could do without actually being "official."

I should add that of COURSE the cats decided to lay on my black suit I had laid out, resulting in a waste of about 20 lint sheets and 30 minutes of my time. But, finally fur-less, I'm ready. Granted, I have a day of work ahead of me before this comes along, but I'm ready.

One chapter closes, one chapter begins. This is in the professional book.

Next month, another chapter closes, a new one begins. This is in the personal life book.

Change can be good and astounding at times.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is so wonderful. Enjoy your day and this next chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. Now, post pictures of you and B and the fam!!

    ReplyDelete