Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life this week

Busy but good. Monday was met with work, starting after the long drive from where B's at. Mailed 20 invites. Monday evening: CLEANED. Oh Lordy, it felt GOOD. I also got the memory foam mattress thing for B so he can sleep better.

Tuesday: laundry! The joy of clean clothes. I also picked up 7 lbs of rhubarb and 40 pussy willow branches. They are great; like 1/2- 3/4" diameter at the bottom. The most excellent thing was because they had been closed a few times when I was told they would be open (thus a few fruitless trips and some frustration), they gave me the rhubarb at $1/lb and the branches at $0.50 each. WOO!

So, $27 later, my car was packed with a box of rhubarb, 40 willow branches (and they're big... like 5' tall each), and a memory foam mattress. I should add that my car windows and trunk can all close!! I'm very proud of my packing. AND, this is great because now I only have to take them out down at B's place tonight, rather than load/unload/load again, losing the fuzzy buds in the process. If my windows/trunk were not able to close then I'd have been forced to figure another thing out since I'm not leaving those open in the parking garage downtown.

Poor B... tonight he gets greeted with 40 willow branches. We've already discussed how to store.

Tonight we hope to finish the final 24 invitations. Total there were 92. NINETY-TWO! Crazy. We're not expecting all of those folks to show, obviously. Luckily, we're flexible up to 168 on tables and 135 on chairs. but, more chairs can easily be acquired. Again, poor B-- I asked that dinner be ready to go that way when I get there we can get to work.

As far as chair covers, I've solved the dilemma: we're going to wrap material around the BACKS of the chairs and have a sash on them, but we're not going to do 100% chair covers. It will look fine, and we wont' have to spend $100s on chair covers that we have to go to the hassle of reselling. B and I talked about it and we like this solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment