Monday, August 23, 2010

Winter garden

I've decided to not do a winter garden this year. I know that may sound like a cop-out, but winter gardens are a bit harder to grow in Oregon. Plus, there are a lot of things to worry about in winter, like keeping MUD out of the house and trying to somehow keep the hens' yard from looking like a mud pit.

Plus, the fall/winter is my time to work on indoor projects. You know, the ones that have been building up because of my time outside.

My husband will be proud because he realizes his wife is looking at things rationally... as in HOW MANY HOURS SHE HAS IN A DAY.

Our overwintering veggies will be in the ground, of course. My garlic has already been ordered. And, I may actually move a few beds around (gasp!) for those garlic. But no trying to grow winter veggies. Things just take TOO long, and I have other things to work on.

Spring/Summer= outdoors.
Fall/Winter= indoors.

I suppose.

In other news, I have a big job thing going on tomorrow. Please send positive thoughts towards the grand ol' state of Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Totally thinking of you! Eee!!!

    Every single one of my fingers and toes are crossed!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete