Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting back to it.

I was pretty ok with myself at the wedding. In all honesty, I wanted to lose another 10-15 lbs, but I looked right in all the right places for the wedding (and dress), so I wasn't about ready to kill myself over it.

But, post wedding brought on:
1) Oh thank goodness all that planning is over;
2) I can eat like crud because my husband is 130 miles away and that makes me sad;
3) Oh shoot we have to go house hunting now? I'm tired!
4) Oh dear Lord we have to move TWO apartments?
5) We have to unpack and we're oh-so tired.
and finally...
6) I have to drive how far? I need food to keep me awake.

I've gained a few lbs. Shoot!

Quite honestly though, it's not like I regret this. It has been exhausting and stressful stuff! But I must and need to eat better.

So I'm starting today. No more toffees or chocolates as I walk by that one secretary who loves to tempt me with that bowl of goodies. No more! Snacking is my problem, so I need to be careful to eat food that's more filling so I don't fill up on junk as my stomach growls.

Yup, I'm loaded up on the right foods, and I have my jug of tea. I've found that really helps-- having something nearby to sip on. Herbal tea= great.

It's not like I haven't done this before, sadly. But this is NOT that much of an amount compared to a few years ago. I've yo-yo'd since then, but it's been a really short sting yo-yo, not a high number gained or lost. Truly though, as my life becomes more stable, I need to really focus on getting to a point and staying there. I am so much happier when I do. I know what I need to do. I just need to do it. And then monitor. Not like a crazy person, but you know, just keep an eye on it. Splurge, but not all the time.

B and I may go down to see my folks in San Diego at Thanksgiving. That's a good goal point, I think! Plus, that airplane seat will feel better. :)

Besides, I have all these cute suits I can't wear right now. This needs to be remedied. Ugh, how vain does that sound? But really, it's amazing on when you feel better about yourself how much easier it is to get ready in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment