Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New to-die-for recipe

I have many tomatoes. So, I decided to see how else to use them besides eating, drying, and freezing.

I decided upon roasting, mostly because a) they are freezeable, and b) they condense down.

YOWZA. I created a darn good recipe.

First, I took garlic cloves and husked them. I peeled enough to fit on the bottom of a 4"x8" pyrex dish. I then covered the cloves in olive oil and then some.

Roasted those suckers for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees.

VOILA, garlic olive oil. You can eat or discard the cloves. Mine kinda got a little burned, so they were discarded. SAD. Note to self: Don't cook for 1 hour.

Then line a cookie sheet with foil and put on it sliced tomatoes.

Top tomatoes with 4-5 chopped up garlic cloves. Be generous.

Put garlic olive oil on top of everything, and then put some regular olive oil on top of everything.

Salt and pepper.

Cook for 6-8 hours at 200 degrees.

The result? The most amazing tomatoes ever. An explosion of wonder.

I'm not kidding.

I will take photos next round....

No comments:

Post a Comment