Friday, February 4, 2011

Moving the garden boxes

SIGH.

Yesterday I posted about moving these 12 garden boxes to...
here:
Ok, now actually, that's only about 20-40' away. You can even see the edge of the top boxes in the bottom photo.

BUT. Easier said than done. That grassy area where the boxes are headed? UNEVEN. So, you can't just put boxes on top because they'd be really all over the place and look horrible.

B had a great idea yesterday: since we'll have extra dirt, why not just put that dirt on the grassy area to level it out.

Genius man.

Especially genius because then there might be better drainage in that area too. And, I can cover up the weeds with dirt and be able to see things better.

And yes, I did just say "I" above. B has a darn conference thingie tomorrow and I mentioned I could start tackling this project.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Ahh well.

So:
Step 1: HAUL DIRT
Step 2: Level area and compress. This may involve jumping.
Step 3: Somehow pry boxes from their current areas and move them
Step 4: Line boxes up.
Step 5: Fill boxes (BLEH).

I think I may move only one row at a time, that way the boxes are easier to fill. Yes, this sounds like a far more smarty move.

No comments:

Post a Comment