Friday, January 15, 2010

Locked out and unproductive

SIGH.

I got off work a little bit early yesterday. So, I ran to the store to pick up the last few ingredients to make the crazy-large batch of burritos for B (put them in the freezer and he grabs one for lunch). I already have cooked up about 8lbs of meat and then shredded it.

Then I ran by a woman's house who was selling a brand-new 8-qt crock pot (yes, 8 quarts. LOVELY). I bought it and then realized: I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY CAR.

#*$#!

Luckily, the woman had AAA, so she was able to call them and get my car opened for free. But it was an hour wait, and I didn't know her. She was working with her husband on an outdoor project, so I hung around outdoors. Luckily, it was warmish yesterday; about 50 degrees. but I still had my work skirt on and nothing to do. I had high heels on so I couldn't walk too far also. Sigh.

So beginning a few projects at home had to wait.

By the time I made it home, I had another email from a gal with a really nice coffee table I wanted (looks like this one but isn't), so I hopped into the house, yelled at the dog for chewing a show (grrrr!!!), and then hopped back out for the coffee table.

Tomorrow is blueberries! Also, a really neat recycling place by us (like super awesome neato recycling place with sinks, wood, antiques, you name it) is having a 50% off sale this weekend. We're hoping to find some good garden stuff, and maybe some paver stones for B to use on his front walkway.

And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we'll find the camera charger so we can charge the battery and take photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment