Friday, January 29, 2010

Nine FREE Currants

Toddling around on Craigslist last night, I came across a post for nine, FREE, black currant plants. WOO!

And I get to go get them today or tomorrow.

Black currants have a different taste. They have a tart bite to them. Or maybe a tang? I don't know how to describe it. But, the taste makes it great to add into foods. I'm planning on canning and drying mine, once they produce.

I am already getting one red currant plant, so this is a super-neat addition. I limited myself to one because it was a mail-order and ordering more would have increased the shipping a bit too much (plus the plant was expensive-- free is better).

I have the space too; I've re-done the garden layout in the back fruit section. I can't add too much more; must allow space for everything else that needs to go in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment