Monday, January 25, 2010

Sewing goals

I've decided this year, I will become better at sewing.

Now, I already have a few projects in mind, like taking a simple sweater from a thrift store and turning it into something like this:
But those type of projects I'm already ok with doing. I want to do something outside of my normal repertoire.

I love blouses, tunics and dresses. Nothing too complicated, but with rich fabrics.

So that's my goal: to become more familiar with pattern-using and pattern-making, so that by year's end, I can whip up projects for gifts and have more in my closet.

Now, I don't have a serger right now, and, in the past, this has hindered me some. But, the more proficient I become at sewing, the more I can justify a cheap serger. But right now? I can't really justify it if I don't sew too often.

But first things first: First garden and chickens. As I said, this is a long-term project, not one that has to be accomplished in the next week. Besides, my sewing in the near future will consist of that HUGE mending pile I have, as well as sometime making the adorable blouse, above. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment