Friday, March 6, 2009

The apartment is clean & GUAVAS! & fondue!

And it feels good. Well.... I should elaborate: 2/3 of it is clean. The bedroom is more of a laundry-keeper than a bedroom at this point, and the office is FULL of boxes and wedding stuff. Laundry: this weekend. I need to sort, but I figure that will be done out in the living room where there's more space (and not bed for socks to flee under). Office: this weekend. I'm going to go to Home Depot and get a bunch of boxes. I want relatively uniform boxes so I can stack them with little effort and they won't fall over, and Home Depot offers those kind. I plan on plastering them with labels so I don't have to paw through all of them every time I'm needing something.

But seriously, cat fur. Why does my vacuum not want to pick it up? I mean, it gets SOME of it, but I still know the carpet has lots there.

Rumpole has forgiven me for yelling at him (though I think he learned his lesson). I woke up this morning nose to nose with him as he purred up a storm.

Tonight is end of the week fun with Jenn-- FINALLY! She's coming over (and giving me a ride home, bless her) to get all craftified, eat delicious broiled sandwiches, and try my guavatinis. Ok, they're not true martinis because there's no gin, but still, delightfully yummy. Guava juice (try it; it's delicious), sparkling water or lemon soda, and vanilla vodka. Oh.so.good. We decided to get all splurgified tonight, so poor B is going to come home to girlie fest 2009. We may even rent that Chihuahua movie. Luckily, though B is quite manly, he is a great helper, so I think he'll take part rather than scoff and retreat to the laundry-filled bedroom. But SO much fun; I cannot wait.

I had hoped to try out a few fondue recipes tonight to figure out which one(s) we'll have at the reception, but dang all the recipes are full of expensive cheese. Um, hello, can I please have a recipe that calls for like plain cheddar and wine? Ugh. I would feel all guiltified if I spent $50 on a pot of fondue. Grumble. I'll keep searching, but for now the plan-stan is to have fantastic broiled sandwiches. We'll see if fondue gets added to the list...

Nom nom nom...

I have been SO good all week long. SO GOOD! I think I will be careful tonight and not overdo it, but I will also have a little fun. I'm not going all diet nutto, but I have lost a few lbs, and I am quite happy.

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if you could tweak a cheese soup recipe to make fondue. because fondue is basically, what? - cheese, a little flour, alcohol, and... ? (my mom knows.) soup but sturdier. cheddar goes delicious with sturdy ales and lagers. i also tweaked a cheddar-beer soup recipe once and subbed in gouda and reisling (and added a chicken/apple sausage), it was quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete