Friday, March 13, 2009

Edelweiss

For those who know me, you know I adore the Sound of Music. And, my heritage (B's too, though not as immediately traceable) is French, German, Austrian, Polish, Italian, etc. So Edelweiss, a favored Alpine flower, has particular significance to me. I even have a pendant with a dried flower inside.

I haven't discussed it with the father yet, but I think the Edelweiss song may be our father-daughter dance at the wedding. He already made the comment of "what soung of music song will we be dancing to?" har har. But it's a beautiful song and easily waltz-able.


So, imagine my delight when I found dried Edelweiss. The bouquets and bouts are going to be yellow flowers... and I think it will be possible to wire in these on the top of my bouquet, and maybe put one on B's bout also. Special touch to things, I think.


Aren't they gorgeous? So unique... or, if you want to sing the song "small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to greet me."


Haven't really told my friend, Kerry (who's doing the flowers) about this new development... but I hope she won't mind. It's something that if it works, it works, but if it doesn't then it doesn't!


Aren't they beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. I think they will definitely be possible in the bouts, maybe B's and Papa's too? and for that matter, one in your Mom's? I have no idea how to deal with them in your bouquet, but I'll put a little thought and reading into it and see what goes on. I like special, and detail. Good work dear friend. (And as a fellow SOM watcher until wee hours of the morning in a tent in the living room, I would smile putting them anywhere in your wedding.) That song is alll up in my head now. I don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete