Monday, March 30, 2009

Chair cover dilemma

I have the material. It's a relatively simplistic pattern (no complicated features). But I am dreading making chair covers. Why? There are (at least) 100 of them to make.

I like these chair covers the best. They have these adorable pleats in the back that I think will make the cover fit better, especially since the chair legs go out a bit in back. Then, I wouldn't have to account for that. But still... there are 100 of them, and that just ugh...

I suppose I could set things up assembly-line style... cut out 100 chair backs. Cut out 100 chair pads, etc etc etc. But that would just take a LONG TIME.

There are these chair covers online. I suspect they are basically a white sheet, gathered appropriately. They are very tempting, but I think they just look bad. I tell myself that they'd look better with a tie and a sash, but I really don't think so. They look baggy, and they look like they'd catch on chair legs when someone moves the chair or when someone sits down.

So I think I'm going to be stuck making these. Suggestions? I (and B agrees) really want chair covers. The chairs right now are this hideous green pleather round top banquet chairs with gold metal legs. EW. But the work.... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and start.

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if these might be something where you bite the bullet and spend the money renting them. because the savings from making them might not be worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete