Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Progress update

So, back in early June, I started a new health turnabout. I'm happy to say: I'm still on it!

It's been almost 80 days, and I'm down closing in on being down 30 lbs. I feel better, and I'm definitely more conscious of what I eat.

Yes, there still are nights of having food that isn't as healthy for me, but those will ALWAYS exist. The point of the diet and lifestyle change was not to deprive too much, but instead, still expose myself to the temptations that will always exist and then overcome those.

So, how have things changed?
  • I have more stamina. I can walk up long flights of stairs and not be winded.
  • I have more energy.
  • I have a slowly getting higher self-esteem. This can likely be seen on my growing number of pinterest pins that are clothing layouts. :)
  • More clothes not only fit, but they also fit better.
Now though, I have to start upping my game at the gym, and honestly? I'm terrified. There was a long period of being at the gym where I was SO frustrated because I couldn't do the things I wanted to do. Now, I think I will be better, but those old memories still haunt. Sorry if that sounds melodramatic. I think I just need to get over my hangups.

But yes! Overall: So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success!! That is fantastic!

    I've got about 50 extra pounds I'm hauling around, and I've tried (and keep trying) every fad in the book.. and I'm finally beginning to learn that oh, hey, the easy way doesn't always work.. /sigh/

    Well done, and may these last 80 days be just the beginning of a very long and healthy life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've yo-yo'd for years, always stemming from something and then just sort of snowballing. Bleh.

    You know what though? The more I come open about this sort of thing, the more I realize I'm not the only one. Weird how weight can feel so personal but be so popular a "problem." And while I think that people of all sizes are beautiful (myself included? It feels weird to say that), there are the health issues to think about (as you mentioned-- healthy life!). So... here goes nothing!

    I do have a few tricks though that seem to be helping. Maybe I should do a post?

    ReplyDelete