Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter Wreath

With the holidays over, I was left with two packets of chunky potpourri. I loved it, but, after being out over the various festivities, the smell was pretty much gone.

So, what to do? Well, my holiday wreath was beginning to fade. Ok, it wasn't actually fading, but it was getting droopy and the ribbon was unraveling.

To solve all these "problems," I made a new wreath out of our potpourri:

I'm very happy with the results. I think it looks wintery, but not holidayish. It's often difficult to draw the line between the two.

And, assuming the squirrels don't take an interest in it (and how would they manage to climb on it??!), it should last us through till spring!

In related news, I think I'm going to paint that side bench on our front stoop the same color as the door. Hmmm....

2 comments: