Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratefulness.

Today I am grateful for many things.

My wonderful husband who cracks me up, loves me, cares for me, and (usually humorously) occasionally drives me nuts.

Our life. Sure, I often wish our house wasn't constructed the way it is, but we're pretty happy where we're at. It's a home.

Money. More specifically, how we handle money. Over the past few years, as our incomes have gone up, dipped, crashed, and then gone up again, I've come to realize what money we truly need to live on. What decisions we make on what we "need" versus what we "want." We cut corners on many things, but I think we've done so in a graceful way so as to not feel like we're penny-pinching college kids eating ramen in a freezing studio apartment. B and I save. We save so we don't have the haunting money issue following us around and causing us to be curt with each other. We save for security. We save for our future.

Don't get me wrong, we're not the perfect couple. We don't do most things in perfect ways. But at least for now, I can be grateful for the choices we've made and the paths we've taken. They say a good marriage is built on a good foundation. I see what they mean now. The decisions we're making today will impact us tomorrow... but moreso, the HABITS we initiate and follow today will make our tomorrow (hopefully) better.

So that's us. Far from perfect, but yet striving to make a better life with each other. And grateful along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment