Friday, November 12, 2010

A partnership.

**A quick note as I begin this post: I'm currently being stared down by a certain Paddington. I'm sitting on the couch, and he just hopped up next to me, and there is judgment in those eyes. I'm talking something akin to the eyes in this photo:
Yes, truly. I suspect my only indiscretion was a lack of scratched provided on my behalf. Adequate reaction, I suppose.

Onto the topic of the day: Partnership.

Last night my sick husband started talking about things. Ways for us to be more organized, what needs to be worked on, what needs to be sold/donated, money, chore charts, calendars, etc etc. No need to go into details, but you get the picture.

**(pushy cat now has his head on my keyboard, btw)

The point I took away from it was this blessed feeling of being in a partnership. Don't get me wrong, I feel like that pretty consistently. I'm pretty darn lucky to have found B.

Still, when confronted with mundane, daily tasks, it's nice to know there's someone in the thick of it just as much as you are. And suddenly, those tasks don't seem as mountainous when you have a partner.

It wasn't a crazily long conversation or anything, but the results were still darn clear: I have a pretty nifty husband, who's in it with me. He's my partner.

In case you're wondering, a chore chart may be making an appearance, the laundry room storage cleaned out and organized, and laundry done this weekend. Next to tackle: Spices and the armoire that seems to always catch everything in the most messy form possible. There's more, but you get what I mean.

Quite a guy, folks, quite a guy.

** Pushy cat has now pushed the tab button a few times on the left-hand side of the keyboard. He has since decided that leaning against the computer (not actively pushing buttons) is much more comfortable. And he's purring full volume, like a hummingbird. That's my fault; I gave him some scratches.

No comments:

Post a Comment