Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beekeeping!

I found out this weekend that on March 6, I get to learn how to beekeep.
Yes, you read that right. BEEKEEP!!! Suffice it to say that I am extremely excited.

The local Beekeepers Association (yes, there is a local beekeepers association) has a day-long class once a year. It has a waiting list, and I got off of it!

No, I'm not thinking that I will beekeep this year. But it's definitely something I want to learn about, for honey and pollination reasons, to do once we have our own property. Plus, there's the added benefit of adding to a slowly declining bee population.

I'm not sure how cool it is to take a bunch of photos, but you can guarantee that I will if I can.

Bzzzzz, honey honey...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?! That is MAD COOL. I have a little honey obsession so I'm crazy jealous. I hope you'll post about it?!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete