Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yard: Prepped for Beds!

Yesterday, I was able to get out of work a little early, AND my rototilling guy was available. So, he came over, worked out my rototilling problem areas, dug down a few other areas more, and then we brought in 4.5 cubic yards of really good dirt.

SO, now, here's the view to the north... It may not look like much, but this is a yard that was a TOTAL MESS before. You can see the piles of stuff in the treeline. UGH. That will eventually be taken care of. The far back of this area is where my fruit trees and berries are. The area in front of that is where the old tenant's garden used to be. She worked the soil a bit, so I didn't touch that area much.


This is the view immediately looking off my porch. WOW. I haven't spread out those piles yet. But, beds can soon go in here. My peas are being placed near this area, so those beds will be built first.



This is the view to the south. You can see where the dirt has already been smoothed out. Short plants go here, like carrots and onions.


Since the yard is SOOO rocky, I've decided to use some of the rocks. I'm building this rock walled planter for my flowers, and I like how it's turning out. Rocky walls for flowerbeds, cedar beds for veggies.



There's another rock bed going in on the upper tier. I think I'm going to put some herbs in there. I found mint and sage in the yard, so I've already transplanted those plants into that bed.



Just a shot of my hens and the garlic. :)



The deck is slowly coming along too. We got a new canopy (which you can't really see in this photo), but B also got his fire pit. He's very happy.



More photos to come as beds actually go in! Hopefully, the first one will go in TODAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. We're starting to putter around our yard too, prepping our garden area. Although, nothing quite as impressive as yours! My husband would be super jealous of your backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete