Friday, April 17, 2009

Invitations, the continuing saga...

Last night I worked on the RSVP cards. We're making the cards, that way they go with the overall invite theme, and so our colors and theme of the wedding will be reflected well.

But I do have a gripe: Why is it so hard to find envelopes? Regular small envelopes. I realized last night that the only small envelopes I have ever used were old ones from a stationery set where I had lost the original stationery and thus could use my own stationery with the lonely envelope.

So this posed a problem: we had the RSVP cards ready, but how to figure out the envelopes?

Simple: We're making them. It really is easy! Create a template, cut, fold, glue. The only problem is how to seal the back... We may just ask our guests to tape it. It's easier than hassling with a sticker. Or maybe we could half put a sticker on. Hm.

But, what's also nice is the envelope is in our colors.

One note though: You have to check the US postal service for envelope dimensions. Square= more postage, and the length x width cannot be bigger/smaller than certain dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment