Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Name Change & News!!

I've decided on my name change. I never thought I'd want to take someone else's name, but now that I'm here, I want to. It's a unity thing. And I want to have the same name as my kids someday. And I don't want to do hyphens (it does NOT work with our last names-- it sounds like a German curse word if you say it fast).

I had planned to get this all done in June or soon thereafter the wedding....

BUT

So news news news, I just passed a MASSIVE, crazy-hard, important professional exam (insert the woooos!)! Now I get new business cards, etc etc. I'm not long out of school either, so my current last name doesn't have much of a reputation yet. So what do I do?

I want to change now... but I've found out that it's infinitely more difficult because I don't have a marriage license. But if I go by the new name now, I could face ethical issues. But, there is so much that will happen this next month: new people to meet, new professional ties, oaths, etc...

New name. New job position. SO much change!

1 comment:

  1. That is a tuff decision. One thing I did was use my maiden name as my middle name on my SS Card, and Driver's license. Maybe you could do this also on your business cards, that way when you do get married, they will still recognize your name.

    ReplyDelete