Friday, April 24, 2009

Random things in life

This week has been a whirlwind.

***

In a nutshell....:
Work: A new job title and trying to wade the waters of figuring stuff out without ticking people off. It's something I've been working towards my whole life, and to finally be here is great and terrifying and fantastic.

Wedding: Trying to get invitations done but being so exhausted from work that this is taking a long time.

B: Went down to visit B on Wednesday. Bliss, but lost an evening of work.

***

I traced everything out, and there are three commitless weekends until the wedding. How did this happen?!
4/25: We have a wedding to go to and then down to help friends on Sunday
5/2: FREE!!!
5/9: A party down south of here, so we're going down there for it.
5/16: I fly out to my sister's graduation in Philadelphia
5/23: My parents are in town for a professional ceremony of mine... it involves swearing. :)
5/30: FREE!
6/6: FREE!
6/13: We're trading cities with friends because they have a wedding near us, so we're headed south.
6/20: I'm free (sorta), but B has a week-long conference so he's busy.
6/27: THE WEDDING!

***

Freaking out...

***

I should also add that the new position at work means I will have MANY more responsibilities and commitments. So my weekend and evening hours may get cut back. No, not "may"... WILL get cut back. So I'm a tad worried.

***

Goals, overall right now:

Invites: Get sent out by Tuesday, at the LATEST. That way, our goal of getting RSVPs by 5/30 is reasonable.

B apartment: He needs to find one by next week, so that our visits down south won't mean so much lost time for us. This will be a LOAD off my worrisome shoulders. Plus, then next weekend we can move him in, including the mini freezer so I can cook and have the food DOWN THERE.

Finish up projects: There are a lot of worked-on but incomplete projects right now. Invitations. Centerpieces. Lanterns. Placemats. I want to spend next week tying up loose ends, that way at least I know where I stand on each of these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment