Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Invitations, RSVPs, and Food

So far, so good. B did all of the first few steps down south over the past few weeks. Now I'm on to the finishing steps. It's a multi-step process (cut, let things dry, etc etc), but I really like the way they're turning out.

Last night I did 17 invites (goal was 10, so woo!). However, I did NOT feel up to the reorganization task, so that got postponed. Something like rearranging a room you have to feel up for, you know? So instead, I went overboard on the invites and cut out 3 different other things for the invitation (front side of RSVP card, inside of RSVP card, and website postcard insert).

I keep wanting to work on other projects (because they need to get done too-- eg: centerpieces!), but the invites have to come first. Because we're the ones doing all this, additional people don't pose much of a cost increase, but they are cause for additional planning. So the sooner we get these invites out, the sooner we'll know how many (precisely!) to plan for.

Right now I think we can handle up to 168 on tables (that won't/can't happen!) and 135 chair-wise. Additional chairs can be ordered, table coordination was more difficult, so that's what we overprepared for. Our guest count right now is tentatively at 103, but that's being optimistic in some places and pessimistic in others. And yes, we're hoping Joe Blo doesn't bring his newbie girlfriend of 1 week, but sometimes there's no stopping people and their +1s. B and I have the mentality that it's lovely to have our friends there, regardless, and that is what we should focus on: being blessed by their friendship. Though, I must admit, not having catering costs (well, per capita) is rather lovely.

Speaking of catering/food, that's another battle to be planned. I'd rather not cook too far in advance because a) I don't want the mini-freezer running longer than I can help, and b) I'd rather not have food frozen for TOO long. There is the possibility that B may be getting his own apartment down where the wedding is, so that would GREATLY lessen the food woes. B would take the mini freezer, and each week, food would be shuttled down (we'd have to get an ice chest for the car). Oh, to have food already down there... what a stress off our backs that would be.

So yes, there is a lot up in the air. One task at a time, right? Invitations now.... hopefully to be mailed out on 4/20.

Goal tonight: Work on invites. UNLESS: feeling up to the task of cleaning out the back office/wedding room.

No comments:

Post a Comment