Friday, July 10, 2009

Camping

Tonight I get to sleep on the ground. We're going camping.

I love camping. Normally I'd look forward to it. But there's a DRIVE for us. Our friends made the reservation. I'm not quite sure if this was the last spot in Oregon or if she was just aiming for the coast or what, but I think she forgot that I work where I do and B works until 5. The place is a little over 3 hours from where B is at, so that means it's right at around FIVE hours for me.

Oy.

It's not that I'm not excited... I am. I'm just not happy at the thought of driving for FIVE hours after a long day at work. Our friends get to leave town much earlier, so they'll actually enjoy themselves tonight. They better not kick and shake our tent tomorrow morning! I have this sneaking suspicion I'll be a total GRUMP tomorrow morning...I may just grab B and go for a walk on the beach so I don't say anything stupid.

Don't get me wrong... I love our friends, but I'm kinda grumpy about the five hour drive thing... but I can suck that up for a weekend of fun with them. Just there'd better not be a 5am wakeup call or comments about us "FINALLY" getting to the campsite.

Anyway.

For the trip, I used a TON of our leftover dried cranberries from the wedding and made granola bars. They were SUPER EASY.

3 cups oats.
1 cup chocolate chips, white choc chips, mini chips, etc.
1 cup coconut
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup (I increased this a bit) cranberries
1 can condensed milk.

I 5x the recipe, but I only had 4 cans of the milk, so I used 1/2 can of coconut milk (mostly the frothy creamy stuff, not the clear liquid) to add to it. Worked fine. I had 3 quarts leftover, so I froze it. We'll see how that eventually works out.

Put into a greased pan (yay olive oil spray!). YOu can also use a cookie tray if it has 1/2" sides. Actually, that worked SUPER well. Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350.

YUM! They're chewy and delicious. I wrapped them up and we're using them this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment